In treatment, adolescents must be approached differently than adults because of their unique developmental issues, contradictions in their values and belief systems, and environmental considerations (e.g., strong peer influences).
Visions’ multi-modal approach to treating complex issues relies on a team approach including family, previous treatment professionals, teachers, community experts and Visions’ team of unparalleled clinicians.
If your child exhibits the symptoms listed below, he or she may be in need of help from a team of doctors, therapists and specialists to relieve day-to-day struggles associated with those issues.
A Visions client is often struggling with one or more of the following issues:
Mental Health Issues*
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Substance Abuse Issues*
- Anorexia (Restriction of Eating)
- Bulimia (Binging & Purging)
- Body Image
* Including Other Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Eating Disorder Issues
To ensure continued success, a plan of action must be set up for the adolescent’s future. Our individualized programming was developed in consideration of an adolescent’s specific needs with regard to mental health and/or substance abuse issues. It is the philosophy of Visions that the effective treatment of adolescents with any disorder involves a holistic approach to their unique needs.
How Visions Meets the Adolescent and Family’s Needs:
- Individualized Programming
- Psychiatric Assessments & Evaluations
- Psychological & Diagnostic Testing
- Individual, Group & Family Therapy
- Evidence-Based Treatment Modalities
- Experiential Therapies
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Informed Programming
- Develop Emotional Growth
- Achieve Physical Health
- Support Family Relations & Functionality
- Collaborative Aftercare Planning
Treatment approaches are also developed appropriately for different age groups.