10 Ways Outpatient Counseling Can Help Your Child
For over 12 years, Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers have helped troubled youths by utilizing the services of highly skilled professionals. Some children are from southern California, others from big cities like New York City, Chicago, and even other countries. Normal everyday life may be difficult for some people to handle. Visions Treatment Centers help teenagers cope with the struggles of daily life by providing cutting edge mental health treatment. The outpatient counseling center also treats members of the patient’s family. Vision’s approach to treatment relies on a diverse team to include family, previous treatment professionals, teachers, community experts, and Visions trained personnel. Visions outpatient center assists patients in undergoing rehabilitation through a non-residential counseling environment using comprehensive, clinically based treatment options tailored for drug addiction, substance abuse, and troubled youth. A healthy child develops into a happy and productive adult.
The following is a list of advantages in choosing Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers outpatient counseling program:
- Identify Problems – Visions Treatment Centers teach the patient how to identify problematic behaviors which would prompt relapse. Once the child is able to determine the obstacle, attitudes can be adjusted resulting in avoidance of unacceptable behavior.
- Coping Mechanism – A skilled therapist assists the adolescent in identifying unhealthy coping mechanisms. Some people do not have the skills to confront everyday problems. The smallest of complications become overwhelming and may lead to self harm. Vision’s outpatient counseling center helps the child to look within and analyze a form of remedy suitable for the patient in addressing problems.
- Problem-Solving – Once the child is able to identify the unhealthy coping mechanisms, a therapist and the child work jointly to learn effective problem-solving strategies. The adolescent is able to leave the outpatient counseling session feeling confident that obstacles can be overcome.
- Control – The child is taught to be independent. The patient engages in activities that allow the teen to leave the outpatient center feeling stronger and more in control. The teen will be able to deal with everyday challenges in a healthy fashion.
- Confidence – A highly skilled professional guides the child into looking inside oneself to find positive attributes for gaining a better perception of life. Once achieved, the teen gains a feeling of self-worth. The adolescent will be able to walk out the door with a fearless and hopeful attitude.
- Social Skills – A trained Visions professional teaches the patient how to form social relationships. Being in a controlled environment with others who have similar problems helps the teen with being comfortable around others, thus learning to be calm and approachable. Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers outpatient counseling program is good practice for the child in meeting and engaging new people.
Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers outpatient counseling is not only beneficial for the adolescent, but for all involved. Therapy is geared towards the whole family in order to provide a stable home environment. Treatment is administered through understanding and participation in productive activities and therapy customized for the patient and family. Treatment for the adolescent is successful only with the complete support of loved ones.
- Home Setting – The patient is able to continue with everyday life while seeking treatment in a structured outpatient counseling environment. The home provides feelings of security while Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers outpatient counseling program provides distraction from problems. The child feels less isolated while surrounded by others in the Vision’s outpatient counseling environment who are struggling with similar problems. Outpatient counseling allows the patient to attend school, extra curricular activities, and work while continuing treatment. Spending time with family and friends will help the teen to be more open to therapy.
- Support – The adolescent gains the support of family and friends at home while undergoing a few hours of outpatient counseling sessions at the Visions Treatment Centers. Some patients may find the treatment repetitive, exhausting, and emotionally draining. Going home after each session allows the child to recharge with the love and encouragement of family members.
- Communication – The teenager is taught to speak constructively and communicate feelings in a calm manner. Along with a therapist, family sessions allow members to speak their mind without hesitation or fear. Better communication by all members will lead to a harmonious home life.
- Destructive Behavior – No matter how supportive a family is, destructive behavior may be too much to endure for all members. Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers outpatient counseling educates the teen in identifying damaging behaviors and the impact it has on family and friends. Together, the therapist, patient, and family members learn to eliminate harmful behavior.
Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers is a renowned, well-established, successful facility providing outpatient counseling for teenagers in a controlled environment. Vision outpatient program allows the child to find resolution with issues through the help of one-on-one counseling and therapy sessions, group sessions or through a structured support group. Parents of Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers former patients have praised the center’s approach and outcome of therapies administered.
“Our son has acquired the skills and tools he must use to cope with life, so that now he has a chance to live a life worth living.” – Anonymous Parent
“The family sessions really brought our entire family together and opened up communication” – Anonymous Parent
“My son is learning to love, value, and accept himself; and as a result, to love, value, and accept others.” – Anonymous Parent
Visions Residential is a private pay program and full payment is required from the family. Our team will assist with insurance verification & utilization review. Visions Outpatient works out of network with insurance. We will provide the following services to our Outpatient families: Benefit Verification, Pre-Authorization, Utilization Review, Billing & Collections.
Visions has maintained the original founding clinicians while adding dynamic team members. All therapies are performed by highly skilled professionals under the supervision of a program director. Up-to-date methods are studied and applied allowing for continuous program growth. In cooperation with family members, the child learns how to successfully tackle issues in the real world. Taking the first step is a scary process but the end-result will be worth it.
Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 866-889-3665